WRCA (and the network of Christian schools in BC and Alberta) believe that there are characteristics that disciples of Jesus should embody with their lives. WRCA has created a Grad Profile with ten phrases we call “Biblical Through-Lines” (BTLs).
(Not BLTs. BLTs are delicious, but they don’t always help us become better people.)
BTLs include: creation-enjoyers, earth-keepers, truth-seekers, etc.
I like BTLs because they provide language to talk about concepts that are a bit abstract. BTLs relate to the vision for the Bible 12 course, and we need to become familiar with them. Here is one way we are going to do that:
Choose one of the biblical through-lines listed in the WRCA Grad Profile Statements.
Examine the BTL by answering the following survey questions in as much detail as you can. Please use full sentences for each question. Please type your answers and print them, bringing them to Friday’s Bible class. Also e-mail them to me so I have a copy.
- Why did you choose this BTL?
- Explain the BTL in your own words — like how you would describe it.
- How do you demonstrate this characteristic in your own life?
- What are the possible benefits of living this way?
- What are some ways our school community can live this way?
- What do you feel your limitations/weaknesses are when it comes to this goal?
- What do you feel your strengths/advantages are when it comes to this goal?
- What do you feel our school’s limitations/weaknesses are when it comes to this goal?
- What do you feel our school’s strengths/advantages are when it comes to this goal?
- BONUS (optional): Can you find biblical evidence of followers of God demonstrating this characteristic in their lives?